Labels let you group notes together making it easy to find what you're working on. You’ll be able to pull up a list of all notes with any given label in a matter of seconds.
You can add any labels you want, and either use "search" to find related notes or click a label in your left toolbar. For more examples of how to use labels, you can read this article.
Create a label
- Start by opening an existing note or create a new one
- Go to the "Add Labels" field at the top, and write a label name
- You can also create a sub-label by for example writing /Tasks/NewProject (see below)
Note: Note: When you share a note with a label, the same label will be visible to those you share it with.
Add a sub-label
Using sub-labels adds a simple but useful hierarchy to your notes.
- To add a sub-label, first write the label name followed by Key: / and the name of the sub-label (see above).
Search and filter your labels
To filter notes using your labels, click any label at the bottom of the left sidebar. Or, you can use the search bar.
Edit a label
If you hover over the label in the sidebar, a small pencil icon appears. On clicking the icon, a window with editing options will pop up (as shown in the image below). From there you can select the label colour, change the label name and if necessary you can also delete the label altogether. Remember to hit the 'Save' button to make sure your changes are applied.
Remove a label
Labels will be automatically removed once the note is deleted. You can also remove a label by:
- First, go the note that you want to remove the label for
- At the top, click the 'x' after the label name
- The label will also disappear from the left sidebar
- Click on the edit label icon (looks like a pencil) as it appears as you hover over the label name in the sidebar. Once there you can click the 'Delete Label' button there.