An appointment, a meeting, or a deadline for a project can sometimes be easy to forget, as you might have many other things to think of.
Doit.io makes sure you never forget that important appointment or due date for your next project. You can add a date, a specific time, or even a time range to any of your tasks or events.
How to set a due date
- Go to the task or event you want to set a date for, and click 'Add date' to the right
- A date-picker menu will appear
- In the date-picker menu, you can either choose a date from the calendar or write in plain text the day, date, or time.
Examples of what you can type
|Example||What doit.io understands|
|Tomorrow (or next day)||Tomorrow|
|Next Week||Next Week|
|Thursday 4pm-5pm||Next Thursday between 4pm and 5pm|
|Monday, Tuesday etc.||Next day that you specified|
|Feb 27||February 27th|
|In 3 days||3 days from now|
|In 3 weeks||3 weeks from now|
|In 2 hours||2 hours from now|
Color codes for due dates
- When a date is due today it will show up in blue
- When a date is overdue it will show up in red
- When a date is not today or overdue it will show up in black
How to remove a due date
- Click the actual date for the task or event you want to remove the date
- Within the date-picker, click 'No Date', and the date will be removed
Reminders appear in the form of notifications once your task or event is 'overdue'. A reminder will never appear unless the task or event has a date added to it via the date picker. Once the task or event is overdue the due date will change to show in red.
On clicking the bell icon in the top right corner of the screen, a notification message will drop down to the task or event that is overdue.